Spontaneity got the better of me today and in a mere 30 minutes I decided to move my small stereo (“Little Terrorist“) into my office, making room in the hallway for the Nubert A300 active speakers I ordered the other day. That way, I managed to kill a whole flock of unruly birds with a single stone:
- the Boston Acoustics are smaller, so my desk, which is one meter deep and two meters wide, didn’t get all too cluttered,
- I now have the Marantz M-CR603 off to the left of my desk with perfect headphone sound as well,
- I was able to circumvent my PC’s on-board sound system altogether (good riddance),
- I didn’t need any extension cables or extra plugs; in fact I could get rid of some,
- I was able to keep all three lamps which I need when busy power-correcting,
- and the sideboard in the hallway has much more room now, perhaps for an extra lamp.
I was surprised how quickly the whole setup went and even now, before fine-tuning the system these next weeks, the sound improvement is stellar, both for music and films! Everything is in place out in the hallway for the new speakers, which should arrive on Thursday, and setting those up shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes or so. Things are coming together and months of reading, planning and doodling are paying off in a big way.